A Hand Model’s Tips for the Most Beautiful Hands
When I stop to think about it, I put my hands through a lot.
I love to dig in the garden, I am constantly scrubbing with anti-bacterial soaps and when I get on a cleaning streak and pull out my bucket of cleansers and disinfectants, it’s, “Good-bye, soft, silky hands!”
But when I stop to think about it – the hands are one of the areas where skin care is so important. Other than wrinkles on our face, or tell-tale signs on our necks, the hands are one of the first things that give away our age.
So, I wanted to hear what skincare experts had to say about keeping our hands looking beautiful, soft, silky and above all else – youthful looking.
Here is what former hand model and hand care consultant Ellen Sirot recommends for the most beautiful hands:
Our hands are our fastest aging body part – due to constant use and exposure – and they can actually make you look and feel older than you really are! As we reach our forties our hands get even dryer than they have ever been and aging is accelerated. Take matters into your own hands and follow my quick and easy tips for soft, ageless hands easily and quickly:
- Wash with a gentle, sulfate free cleanser to nourish hands – rather than harsh soaps or dehydrating anti-bacterials that strip the delicate skin! Also keep dishwashing gloves around for cleaning and messy situations so you can actually avoid further non-essential hand washing. Remember to gently pat dry – do not stretch out the skin.
- Replenish the moisture after you wash your hands. Look for a nutrient-rich cream that is loaded with skin-friendly fatty acids and antioxidants to nourish the delicate skin of the hands, while helping combat signs of skin aging (lines, wrinkles, age spots). Petroleum-free formulas are designed to stay on through multiple washings – without any sticky tackiness. Plus optics technology helps improve the appearance (texture and tone) of hands instantly.
- Take a minute each day to focus on your nails and cuticles, become less reliant on costly manicures, and work on helping your nails look good naked! Apply a gentle nail-specific oil to condition dry, jagged cuticles and nourish and strengthen nails. Gently push back cuticles with a washcloth while you are in the shower – or after you have applied oil to avoid the need to cut. It only takes a minute and makes a HUGE difference.
- Use an overnight hand-specific serum to capitalize on the body’s circadian rhythms to give the skin of your hands an overnight boost while not in use!
- Get in the habit of treating your hands like jewels – not tools. And use the tools to help you – letter openers, scissors, bottle openers all help us avoid hand harm.
Join me in thanking Ellen for these great reminders about taking great care of our hands by sharing them with your friends. Help your girlfriends by clicking the Facebook button below to instantly share these tips.