5 Simple Acts of Kindness For Your Skin
Read these simple tips we can apply to our routine in order to treat our skin with kindness on a daily basis!
Dr. Josie L. Tenore is a family physician who became fascinated with aesthetics and anti-aging treatments and now devotes her time to helping people look and feel their best at Fresh Skin, a Highland Park, Illinois aesthetic medical center. Read the following ways Dr. Tenore suggests for us to pamper our skin:
To keep skin healthy and looking fresh take advantage of home remedies. I recommend simple, inexpensive home remedies like egg white or Pepto-Bismol® masks to help reduce inflammation and provide a boost for skin.
- Whip up two egg whites until frothy, apply to the face and let it sit for 15 minutes for a rejuvenating, anti-aging, anti-wrinkle mask.
- Pepto-Bismol® has anti-inflammatory properties, and a thin layer applied to the face can help reduce redness.
- Check the effects of medications. Anti-histamines and other common drugs can make skin more sensitive to the sun. Take extra precautions when using these medications.
- Sleep on satin pillowcases. Satin doesn’t crease like cotton and can help prevent wrinkles.
- Consider one of the powdered sunscreens. Generally speaking, look for products that have Titanium and Zinc Oxide. These will cover you for both UVA and UVB. The best known is the Colorscience product.